140 Drams // 2014
A young boy must go to the store by himself for the first time. When the 140 drams his mother gave him for milk are not enough, and he has to make a difficult choice. The experience of this young boy becomes a kaleidoscope through which the landscape of a modern Armenia emerges. Through bits and pieces, fragments of conversation and glimpses of the insides of a single bedroom apartment, this film tries to put together a picture of this country, right now.
- Best International Short Film at the 14th Izmir International Short Film Festival – Izmir, Turkey.
- International Cinematographer’s Guild 17th Annual Emerging Cinematographer Awards Honoree - Los Angeles, USA.
- Honorable Mention at 6th Pomegranate Film Festival – Toronto, Canada.
- 36th Clermont-Ferrand International Film Festival - Clermont-Ferrand, France.
- DokuFest International Documentary & Short Film Festival - Prizren, Kosovo.
- Golden Apricot Film Festival’s Cinema Express. Armenia & Georgia - Yerevan, Gyumri, Amasya,Vanadzor, Alaverdi in Armenia. Akhalkalaki, Ninotsminda, Akhaltsikhe, Borjomi and Tbilisi in Georgia.
- 21st Camerimage International Film Festival of the Art of Cinematography - Bydgoszcz, Poland.
- 7th Annual Emerging Cinematographer Awards (ECA) at the School of Visual Arts - New York, USA.
- LET'S CEE International Film Festival - Vienna, Austria
- 14th Newport International Film Festival - Newport Beach, CA, USA
- Geneva Film Festival - Geneva, IL, USA
- Lancaster (Rumschspringe) International Short Film Festival - Lancaster, PA, USA
- Timecode:NOLA Indie Film Festival - New Orleans, LA, USA
- Glovebox Short Film & Animation Film Festival - Boston, MA, USA
- Naregasti Art Institue - Yerevan, Armenia
- Tumo Center for Creative Technology - Yerevan, Armenia
- 6th Pomegranate International Film Festival, Toronto, Canada
- Arpa Film Festival - Los Angeles, CA, USA